Name: Karlene Kerfoot, Chief Clinical Integration Officer, API Healthcare
Date registered: July 16, 2013
Dr. Karlene Kerfoot has held a variety of positions in nursing and patient care administration, clinical practice, academic positions in nursing and MHA and MBA programs and healthcare consulting and is currently the Chief Clinical Integration Officer at API Healthcare. Dr. Kerfoot has been the Corporate Chief Nursing and Patient Care Officer at three of the largest healthcare systems in the country: Aurora Health Care System headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Clarian Health Partners headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System headquartered in Houston Texas. Dr. Kerfoot’s passion has been to improve the care of patients by improving the quality of work life for clinicians on the front line. She has therefore worked extensively in the area of retention, Magnet Recognition, patient safety, evidence-based staffing/scheduling, shared governance and staff and leader development to create innovations that will enable caregivers at the front line to become the clinicians they always wanted to be.
- Celebrating National Nurses Week — May 6, 2015
- Consider Continuity of Care When Making Staffing Assignments — January 6, 2015
- Using Workforce Management Solutions to Help with Magnet® — October 21, 2014
- Consider the Entire Enterprise When Staffing and Scheduling — October 7, 2014
- Best Practice Staffing Models — September 16, 2014